SENIOR HONORS DAY 2017
Honors Day Practice
When: Friday, May 19, 2017 Time: 9:00 a.m.
Report to: Gymnasium – sit in the bleachers
***IF YOU DO NOT SHOW UP FOR HONORS DAY PRACTICE, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN SENIOR HONORS DAY***
Senior Honors Day
When: Monday, May 22, 2017 Time: 8:30 a.m.
Students Report to:
- Graduates report to the AUDITORIUM at 7:30 a.m.
- A luncheon for Graduates ONLY will be held following the ceremony.
Parents Report to:
- Parents should park at and enter through the gym lobby – Pictures can be taken after the Honors Day ceremony.
- Parents should come early to secure a seat in the gym before the student body is seated.
- Dress in Cap & Gown – refer to Graduation Activities sheet for appropriate attire (You must have your cap and gown picked up by May 19th!
- IRON (on low setting) or STEAM gown and DO NOT CHEW GUM during the ceremony.
· Each graduate will receive 10 tickets to graduation. If you need more than 10 tickets, you must sign up for the ticket lottery in the Counseling Office beginning Monday, May 22nd (after Senior Honors Day) and ending Wednesday, May 25th. Lottery tickets will be handed out during graduation practice. NO PHONE CALLS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
· Graduation tickets, parking passes and any lottery tickets will be handed out at GRADUATION practice.
· DO NOT LOSE your graduation tickets or parking passes. WE CANNOT REPLACE THEM!
Senior FUN DAY 2017
When: Friday, May 19, 2017 Time: After Senior Honors Day practice until 2-3 pm
· Immediately following Honors Day Practice, we will go outside for lunch. Meet your advisor at the pavilion.
· Students who do not attend will be counted absent from class. Unexcused.
· You can bring anything you think you might need for the day: blankets or beach towels, beach chairs, music, footballs, soccer balls, Frisbees, snacks, and soft drinks. We plan to have some water available in the afternoon.
· Dress appropriately for outdoor activities, but there should be no SHORT shorts or bare midriffs. Many students cut the sleeves out of their t-shirts, but you should keep your tummies covered. Hats are great. We hope to have a couple of tents available for shade. Regardless, sunscreen is highly advised. We’re talking about 2-3 hours in the sun! (hopefully!) J
· Students will not be allowed to go to your car for any reason until you are ready to drive away.
· Students who leave for a work program must check out with the administrator at the entrance to the football field (just as you would sign out at the attendance office).
· Remember---THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO DO ANYTHING STUPID THAT MIGHT JEOPARDIZE YOUR GRADUATION.