Graduation Activities 2017
**A Senior video will be available to order at graduation practice. It will include moments from senior year including prom as well as the entire honors day and graduation ceremonies.**
Thursday, May 25, 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Graduation Practice- Northwest Georgia Trade and Convention Center
· Practice for graduation is mandatoryif you plan to participate in the graduation ceremony.
· You must be in the bleachers no later than 10:45AM. If you are not, you will be considered late to practice and will be moved to the end of the line.
· Practice will end around 1:00 PM.
· Be aware: we are graduating on Saturday AND Practicing on Thursday, so you may need to request to be off work multiple days.
· You will receive 3 parking passes at Graduation practice. Be sure to distribute these to family members and keep one for yourself if you need to park at the Trade Center for graduation.
Saturday, May 27th at 7 PM
Graduation Ceremony- Northwest Georgia Trade and Convention Center
· Graduates must check-in at 5:30pm at the upper level of the Trade Center. Graduates ONLY will enter at the upper entrance and check in with SRT Teachers when you arrive. NO PARENTS, GUESTS, OR FRIENDS will be allowed on the upper level.
· Once you’ve checked in with your advisor you need to go directly to the Banquet Hall.
· You will have time to put on your cap and gown at the Trade Center if you arrive on time. (Advisors will help with final adjustments).
· If you drive yourself to the Trade Center, you need a parking pass. Security is very strict concerning passes.
· Make sure family members have parking passes. To avoid traffic they should arrive early. (The ceremony begins at 7:00 PM so an arrival time of 6:00pm is preferable for best seating).
· Doors will open at 6:00pm, not any time before. The doors will be closed at 6:50pm sharp.
NO ONE will be allowed to enter the arena after 6:50PM. Late arrivals will be seated in the upstairs balcony to view the ceremony and will be escorted to this area following the Pledge of Allegiance.
· Shuttle buses for family and friends of graduates will be available from Dalton College Parking Area to the Trade Center beginning at 5:45pm. This is a good option to avoid traffic. This also eliminates the need for parking passes.
· The last shuttle will depart at 6:40pm.
· Special seating is available for individuals in wheelchairs. See ushers.
· GRADUATION TICKETS and diplomas will be held until all student debts are cleared.
Dress for Graduation
Men: White shirts (either long or short sleeves), black or khaki slacks (not cargo – dress pants), dark dress shoes, socks, and tie. No flip-flop type shoes or athletic shoes allowed – this includes Vans.
Women: A dress or shirt that does not have a collar or high neckline that would be visible at the neckline of your gown.
The length of the dress/skirt should not go below the gown.
Dress pants are acceptable if you don’t feel comfortable wearing a dress.
White robes wear white or light color dresses and white/silver/natural color shoes.
Black robes should NOT wear white shoes.
No flip-flop type shoes or athletic shoes allowed. Be cautious of any backless shoes or high heels.
Note: DO NOT “Bedazzle” your hat or do anything to change the graduation regalia in any way.
You will not walk.
*** If you need any assistance with these items, please see your counselor. ***